Average: 3.2 (11 votes)

Seek Help, Find Care

Reaching out is a sign of strength that benefits you, your loved ones and your unit.

Below are resources for seeking psychological health care, including crisis and emergency support. Select the situation that matches your current need and use the resource suggested in order to seek care.

In crisis? Call 800-273-8255 for the Military Crisis Line.

The Military Crisis Line offers free confidential support 24/7. Service members can call 800-273-8255 and press 1, or chat online.

Want to speak with a health care professional in person?

Active Duty Personnel: Visit your local military treatment facility.

Military treatment facilities provide emergency and non-emergency psychological health care for both physical and invisible wounds. Services are covered by TRICARE. Contact your military treatment facility to make an appointment with your primary care manager or mental health provider.

National Guard Personnel: Contact the Psychological Health Program.

The Psychological Health Coordinators in the National Guard Psychological Health Program provide psychological health support 24/7 to you and your loved ones. With a Director of Psychological Health in every state, search the directory for the Director of Psychological Health nearest you.

Reserve Personnel: Contact your service’s psychological health program.

Members of the Reserve can seek psychological health services including referral information and follow up services through psychological health programs offered by each service. Click on the appropriate link to find psychological health resources located near you. Air Force Reserve. Army Reserve. Marine Corps Forces Reserve. Navy Reserve.

Veterans: Contact your local Department of Veterans Affairs office.

The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has hospitals, clinics and programs across the nation to help address your psychological health concerns. Click here to find a VA location nearest you. Vet Centers are also available to provide a broad range of free counseling, outreach and referral services for combat veterans and their families. Call 877-WAR-VETS (877-927-8387) to speak confidentially with a combat veteran.

Want to speak to a Chaplain?

Locate your unit chaplain. Military chaplains are great sources of comfort, support and encouragement. For many active-duty service members, contacting your chaplain is as easy as walking to the nearest chapel in your military community and making an appointment. If you don’t live near a military installation, contact the closest one and ask for assistance. Or contact Military OneSource at 800-342-9647 to locate your unit chaplain.

Need help identifying resources?

Call 866-966-1020 for the Psychological Health Resource Center. The Psychological Resource Center allows anyone to speak confidentially with trained health resource consultants for free, 24/7 by calling 866-966-1020, by using the Real Warriors Live Chat or by emailing resources@dcoeoutreach.org. Consultants are ready to talk, listen and direct users to resources in their area and answer questions about invisible wounds.

PDF formatted documents require Adobe's free Acrobat Reader software. If you do not already have this software installed on your computer, please download it from Adobe's Website.